I'm surprised with myself today. Stayed awake and PAID ATTENTION during all lectures(yes, I'm surprised too), went for self training during my break and Wushu after school. Yes, and this is despite someone keeping me awake 45min more than I wanted to *hem hem*
Had a realisation during self-training today. The purpose of me training is mainly to improve myself. Yes - the prospect of getting that gold medal is alluring, but no - I don't want to burden the team. I'm the weakest link in the team, but as I've told forgot-who, my standard now is at the bottom of the graph. So there's no room for deterioration, only improvement. So despite not wearing spikes and having a training partner, what I did today can only make me improve. "The only thing which cannot fail you is diligence." - Not sure where I heard it from, or whether I thought it out myself >.>
But basically, all trainings are the same, isn't it? The true objective is to improve oneself - winning trophies and medals are only bonuses. But anyway, the above paragraph is actually for self-inspiration =P
------------------------------------------------------------
Everyday seems to pass slowly, but looking back, it's already the 6th week of the term. Kinda makes you think, "What have I been doing all this time?" Well, this feeling comes once in a while, so I guess today is that once. I guess achievements don't come in an instant, but still =\ Ironically, despite aiming for that H3 distinction, Wushu medal, CSM medal, I still don't know what I really want. There's something intangible out there that I want to achieve, but I still have no idea what it is >.>
No comments:
Post a Comment