Sunday, November 11, 2007

Talent?

Feeling depressed today, maybe it's the emo songs I have in my phone >.> This is not helped by another round fruitless job hunting. I must have covered most of the malls in the east already =\ Well I did have 1 interview( shan't say where) but it went pretty badly. She was saying that training will take 1 mth, which leaves me with only half a month to work.

Well anyway on to the topic for today, I was reading History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi which got me thinking what talent really is. A talented person is merely one who learns something faster than others, But that doesn't mean someone who's good is talented. Calling someone who is good talented is similar to denying the person the hardwork he puts in to achieve that standard. Take Michael Jackson and his moonwalk for example - nobody doesn't know what a genius he is, but who actually commended him for the number of hours he put in to perfect his moves? Then from anime, there's Naruto - Naruto didn't achieve his rasengan from being talented like Sasuke( Okay maybe this example is not very valid ^^). Then there's my friend who recently won a national competition - she complained how everyone was going oohs and ahhs over her trophy, but nobody commended her for her hardwork. Is this what we humans are? Jumping into conclusions without thinking about how our "compliments" actually make them feel?

No comments: