My colleague was asking me whether I'm excited to started school, to which I replied NO. Then she went:
"Why not? School is fun lor. At least you have friends, like real friends, not like here everyone ask you to do this and do that..."
It isn't really supposed to be some philosophical or whatever talk, but it made me wonder anyway. Looking back, what my colleague said is pretty true. During work, when you talk to someone, it's mostly to ask them to help you do something. Then in school, all you do is crap nonsense and just hang around, cracking jokes or playing games.
I think it was Mr Hon or whoever who said, " Your secondary school friends will be your best friends in life. Once you're in university or working, it's mostly to use or to be used." But at that time, I didn't really think much. I guess knowing it and understanding it is two different things. I started my part-time job for the experience and money, but I guess I gained something else too.
Moral of the story - Cherish the friends you have now.
As for me, there are many people I treat as friends, but I don't know what they treat me as. So I'll need to follow my advice which I suddenly thought of : It doesn't matter what they treat you as, as long as you feel they are a friend, then treat them as one.
Oh yeah, tomorrow's( actually today) payday xD
No comments:
Post a Comment